Anthony Limbird and his descendants
These are som eof the people I know about who are now deceased. The data I have includes some more information about them, and about some of their descendants who are still living.
For such an apparently simple surname it is amazing how often Limbird has been mis-spelt in Parish Records, including Limberd, Limbard, Lambort and Lambert (though there was an apparently distinct Lambert family in Bicker).
If you have knowledge of any of these people, their descendants, or their predecessors, I would love to hear from you.
Anthony Limbird (reported by others to have been b 1712 in Bicker, Lincolnshire, d 1797) married Elizabeth POUNDER ( b 1714 d 1782) on 9 May 1744 in Wigtoft, Lincolnshire
- James Limbird . (bp 1745 in Bicker, d 1790) married Dorothy Walker in 1770 and had 8 children all born in Boston, Lincolnshire, and most of whom died in infncy - John (1770-1770), William (1771-1772), Richard (b 1773), Maria (b 1774), John (1775-1775), George (1777-1777), John (1777-1779) and Amelia (1779-1779)
- Anthony Limbird (bp 1747 Bicker)
William Limbird . (bp 1752 d 1755)
There is a problem here that I need to try to resolve as the Bicker Parish Records show a further William baptism in 1754
- William Limbird . (bp 1756)
Pounder Limbird (bb 1756 Bicker. d 1833) married Hannah GRANGER
(1766-1835, aka Anna and Grainger) in Bicker in 1792
- Elizabeth Limbird Granger (b 1789) [illegitimate but presumeably Pounder's child]
- Maria Limbird Granger (b 1794) [illegitimate but presumeably Pounder's child] married John HOMER in Bicker in 1815.They had children Ishmael (b 1816}, Pounder ((1818), Hanna (1822), Maria (1824), John (1826) and Mary (1828)
James Limbird .(bp 1793 -1854) m Elizabeth LANE (1796-1852)
and emigrated to USA in 1854
Elizabeth Limbird (1825-1918) married William Spridgen (1824-1861)
in 1851. Emigrated to USA.
- Charley b abt 1859
- Julia A b abt 1857
- Charles Limbird . (1828 - 1854?)
George Limbird (1831-1901) married Harriet L NEWMAN
Harriet Elizabeth Limbird (1876 - 1959) married Charles William Holt
GUTTERIDGE (1874-1958, son of James Edwin GUTTERIDGE & Selina
- George William Gutteridge (1911-1994)
- known siblings and descendants living
- George James Limbird. (1878-1966) married Mabel Elizabeth Slade (1882-1976)
- Harriet Elizabeth Limbird (1876 - 1959) married Charles William Holt GUTTERIDGE (1874-1958, son of James Edwin GUTTERIDGE & Selina HOLT)
Anthony Limbird (1832-1913) emigrated to USA, married Ermina
Chappell (1838-1896) in 1856 and Cynthia S. Reed (b abt 1846)
- Ann Limbird b abt 1857
- Elisabeth Limbird b abt 1862
- Josephine Limbird b abt 1860
- Minnie Limbird b abt 1865
- Ola Limbird b abt 1869
- Anna Limbird
- Arta Limbird
- Charles Limbird
- Mabel Limbird
- David Limbird (1834-1917) emigrated to USA, married Mary Adams (b abt 1834) and had 3 children
- Richard Limbird (1836-1927) emigrated to USA married Lovisa Hayes (1844-1930) and had eight children
Mark Limbird (1838-1928) emigrated to USA in 1854 married Mary
- 13 children known descendents living
- Hannah Limbird (b 1840) emigrated to USA married George Adams (1831-1891) and had seven children.
- James Limbird (1843-1918) emigrated to USA, married Josephine Arbuckle (b abt 1848) in 1867 and had five children Maud, Clytie, Ubert, James & Ethel.
- Elizabeth Limbird (1825-1918) married William Spridgen (1824-1861) in 1851. Emigrated to USA.
- Hannah Limbird (1796) married William Bull in 1817 in London and appear to have had at least Fanny Clara Bull (bp 1828), Ashley Waterlow Bull (bp 1831) and Ashley Mullinofet Bull (bp 1834) ...
- Pounder Limbird (bp1799-1799) *
- Ann Limbird (bp1799-1799) *
- Edward Limbird (bp 1799) *
- Ann Limbird (bp1801-1852) married Thomas Godley (1808 - 1869)
- John Limbird (bp1801)
- Anthony Limbird (bp 1803 d 1866 )
- Richard Limbird (bp 1806 d later than 1866)
- Susanna Limbird . (bp1758 -1763)
- Elizabeth Limbird (bp1760 - 1761)
The family lived in Bicker, Lincolnshire. Most of James' (1793 -1854) children emmigrated to the USA, as did James after the death of his wife, but he died before reaching his destination.
Charles Limbird (1828 - 1854?) is thought to have died in the Crimean War though this has not been substantiated.
* The 1799 events are suspect and require further investigation. All
are St Swithin, Bicker.
www.freereg.org.uk records baptisms for Ann and Edward on 15 Oct 1799, and the burial of Pounder on the same day. Yet on what I admit to being our first reseach in a County Record Office some years ago, we recorded the baptism of Ann and Pounder that day together with Pounder's burial.