The Descendants of Richard Warne (c1775 - c1847)
Various spelling are found in the records, even for the same person. They include Warne, Warnes and Warns.
Richard Warnes was born abt 1775 in Morningthorpe, Norfolk, and probably died in 1847. He married Patience Mann (born abt 1764 in Morningthorpe, died 19 Dec 1837 reputedly at the age of 74) . Thgey were married in the parish church of Wymondham, Norfolk, on 12 Nov 1792.
Richard and Patience had ten children:
- Richard Warne (1793-1870) who married Sarah Gook (1796-1880) in 1819 and had at least 7 children. More about them and their children here.
- Sarah Warns born 6 Dec 1794 in Wymondham, Norfolk. There is an indication that she may have married a James Warne and had a son Adam Warne in 1830.
George Warne (1796 - 1883) married twice:
Susan Bullen (1801) in 1821 and had children
- Sarah Ann Warne (1821-1908) who married George Thurling (1814-1886) in Hempnall in 1840
- George Warne (1824)
- Diana /Dinah Warne (1823/6-1917) who in 1849 married Salem Beckett (c1820-1902) a widower who had been married to Susan Goose.
- Herbert Warne (1829)
- Louisa Warne (1832) who married William Girling (1822)
- Ann Lloyd (1809-1888) in 1860, the widow of John Lloyd and formerly Ann Gook. They had a son James Warne born 1831.
- Susan Bullen (1801) in 1821 and had children
Salem Warne (1797-1873) who in 1826 married Mary Ann Read
(1806-1883). They had eleven children:
- Charles Warnes 1827
- Salem Warnes 1829
- William Warnes 1831
- John Warnes 1832
- Maria Warnes b 1834
- Eliza Warnes 1836/7
- Samuel Warnes 1838
- Emily Warnes 1839
- Robert Warnes 1844
- George Warnes 1844
- Jonathan Warnes 1846
Solomon Warne (b 1799) who married Ann Emily Raven
and had five children:
- George Warne (1826)
- Sarah Warnes b 1829 Hempnall
- John Warnes b 1832 Hempnall.
- James Warnes who in 1861 married Mary Ann Maria Tyrrell (Anna 1837 Saxlingham Netherly - 1928).
- Eliza Warnes 1837 )
Mary Ann Warne (b 1801) who in 1822 married Thomas
- Robert Warne (b 1826)
- Sarah Alderton (1829) who apperas to have had an illegitimate child Samuel Alderton in 1850.
- Patience Warne (b 1803) who possibly married Mathew Fulcher
- Elizabeth Warne (b 1805)
- Robert Warne (b 1806)
- David Warne (b 1807) who possibly married Sarah Read (1808) in 1828
These are Richard's known descendants who are now deceased. More is known about most of these people, and their descendants who are still living.
If you have knowledge of any of these people, their descendants, or their predecessors, I would love to hear from you.